Numerical Simulation in the
Process and Manufacturing Industries
A European project funded under the Leonardo da Vinci Programme
|Click here for Partners Download Area (password protected)|
|Please note the course material is now displayed at www.numsimpmi.eu|
Rapid developments in computing technologies now mean that numerical simulation provides a range of exciting opportunities for those involved in the process and manufacturing industries (PMI). The ability to develop advanced computer models can reduce lead times in product development and enable right-first-time manufacturing by minimising costly trials at the design stage.
However, whilst powerful simulation software is becoming more accessible to these industries, the biggest barrier to take up of this technology is the lack of an adequate skill base within the industrial companies.
The NUMSIM_PMI project is thus seeking to address this by developing suitable training material for appropriate individuals who will have responsibility for utilising numerical simulation in this context. Work will be focussed in particular on four critical sectors of the Process and Manufacturing Industry:
The project deliverables include:
- A methodological manual shared by all the partners for analysis of skills and training needs for the process industry simulation expert
- A report containing the results of skills analysis and formal training necessary for improving the competence of the process industry sector simulation expert
- A draft of the standard Curriculum for the process industry sector simulation expert
- A model of certification for these skills
- Training modules regarding certain strategic skills for the process industry simulation expert
- A project website